Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Bringing a story to life to a kid is the most important part in a lesson or sermon. Many times I find myself looking at a mirror, practicing the story that I'm about to teach. I want to make sure that I practice my facial expressions, movements and even the comedy. Here is a great video from a great KIDMIN friend, Matt Guevara. In this video he teaches you how to be a great storyteller. So... have pen and paper ready and oh...make sure you watch all 3 of his videos!! Enjoy.
Click on the link below to watch "Creative Storytelling by Matt Guevara"
Friday, January 24, 2014
My NEW Mid-Week Format
One thing that we truly noticed is that kids did not like coming to our midweek service. Why? Well, here are some of their reasons.
- Too boring
- Book work
- Reminds them of school
- Teachers are not excited or their too boring
- Fellowship Time with Snacks (nachos, chips, cookies, popcorn, etc... Once a month we provide the children with a BIG meal like Taco Bell or Pizza)
- 2 Fast Worship Songs
- Recap of Sunday's Memory Verse (Play a memory verse game)
- Lesson Recap for 5-10 minutes
- 15-20 minutes of group games (steal da bacon, dodgeball, kickball, musical chairs, etc)
- Break into small groups (25-30 minutes)
- POP Quiz Battle (boyz versus girlz)
Thursday, January 16, 2014
Selling Breakfast to Fundraise
I tend to shop for my items at Costco. I LOVE Costco!!!! Here is what my list looks like.
-Honey Buns: $3.99 for 12
-Poptarts: $7.99 for 4 big boxes
-Mini Cereal Boxes: $8.99 for 30
-Chips $9.99 for 50
If you can do the math, you will see that you will be making some money.
I make it clear to my kids that the money that they use in our WOW Cafe will go towards our BGMC Missionaries. Once they know that, they tend to GO CRAZY spending TONS of their money for just that.
So, What do you do to fundraise??
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)