"Ughhh, Wednesday Night!" Have you found yourself not liking midweek service? I know I have. But we (my wife and I
) decided to make Wednesday night more interesting. More FUNNER (I know I know, funner is not a word
) for the kids.
One thing that we truly noticed is that kids did not like coming to our midweek service. Why? Well, here are some of their reasons.
- Too boring
- Book work
- Reminds them of school
- Teachers are not excited or their too boring
So what did we do. Well... we decided to RECAP Sunday's lesson every week. We wanted to make sure that our kids were putting to practice what they learned each Sunday. So here's how our format looks like as of now.
- Fellowship Time with Snacks (nachos, chips, cookies, popcorn, etc... Once a month we provide the children with a BIG meal like Taco Bell or Pizza)
- 2 Fast Worship Songs
- Recap of Sunday's Memory Verse (Play a memory verse game)
- Lesson Recap for 5-10 minutes
- 15-20 minutes of group games (steal da bacon, dodgeball, kickball, musical chairs, etc)
- Break into small groups (25-30 minutes)
- POP Quiz Battle (boyz versus girlz)
I love this format! It works really well for us. It might work for you. Check and see if your kids are happy and enjoying the midweek service. Our jobs are to make sure kids are learning God's Word, I know, but learning God's Word is also FUN! Let me know what you think. Be blessed!
Post a Comment