- Watch TV Shows - See what the kids are watching. See what grabs their little minds. I tend to watch Nickelodeon, Disney Channel, Cartoon Network and other networks.
- Magazines - See what's going on in their kid world. I read teen magazines, children's ministry, and others.
- Watch Movies - Once again, watch what they are watching. I like to sometimes create sermon series when I hear of a NEW kid movie coming out. It gets kids excited!
- Play Video Games/Apps - This is my favorite part! I love to play video games. It's great to talk to kids who love to play the same games as you do. I have found that playing video games has helped me build relationships with kids who are shy, scared and timid. I provide video games in my kids church.
- Listen to Music - I know I know, some of their music is kinda crazy, but it does help you build relationships with them. I over heard one of my girls singing a song and all of a sudden I jumped in and sang with her. Her facial expression was priceless!
- Toy Store / Toy Aisle - I love walking through the toy aisle and toy store. I get to play with amazing toys and also get to see what kids are into. The toy store will also give you many ways to get creative.
- Websites - See where kids are going online. See what interest them.
- Gather 5-10 Kids - Every other month I like to have 5-10 kids join me at church to give me a heads up of what in their world is going on. I like to ask what are the latest trends.
Friday, September 26, 2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment